Delight PB Doggie Cookies
Author: Pet Lover
Recipe type: Organic Dog Treats
Dogs love peanut butter, and these cookies are a great way to sneak some fish oil into your dog’s diet. Fish oil improves your dog’s coat, making it shiny, soft, and healthier. Look for organic peanut butter at your grocery store. Many commercial brands of peanut butter have unhealthy hydrogenated oils and additives. Better yet, make your own peanut butter using raw peanuts and peanut oil, and processing the mixture in your food processor.
- 2 cups of flour (white or wheat, if your pup has no wheat allergies)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ tablespoon of fish oil
- 1½ cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour and oats together in a large mixing bowl. Pour in one cup of water and blend until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, honey, and fish oil and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly add the water until the mixture has a thick and doughy consistency.
- Lightly flour a cooking surface. Roll the dough onto the cooking surface to create a ¼ inch thick sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter to create shapes. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before feeding.